Thursday, January 18, 2007

News from a struggling law student

Hello to all my favorite cousins! Props to Kev for getting this up and running. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of everyone on a regularish basis. I just got a bunch of photos from Hugh which I am looking forward to sharing.

I am burned out and stressed in my second week of school this semester- not a good omen of things to come. I am taking interesting courses though, and am working 2 days a week at a large immigration firm in Boston. Just started yesterday and looks as if they will work me to death. Yay.

I am living with my Spanish family of ... 13? who are wonderful and are expecting the 11th child in half a year. Free Spanish lessons, paella on weekends, twice the decibel level of gringo conversation... quite the immersion experience. I'm very happy there, and it reminds me that there's real life beyond struggling through law school.

I'm also happy in Boston, and hoping to remain in Boston practicing immigration if at all possible after I graduate. I have 1 1/2 years left, so we'll see.

Ok, I'm so exhausted my eyes are crossing, but hope to talk to all y'all soon.

Margaret

No comments: