Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hello from San Francisco

Hello to all the relatives. I couldn't wait any longer to let you all know. I also have some big news. I have left the seminary and have been living in San Francisco for the past few months. I am working in a Protestant Church and have started dating a beautiful girl from the San Francisco area. We live together in an appartment in the Mission District in SF. Her name is Latilda. She is of Afro-American origin, but we have to make exceptions sometimes, right? I hope that she will come to the upcomming weddings so that everyone can meet her. Please don't call her black because she doesn't like that at all!!!

For those still reading. The above was all a lie, I just thought it might make this a little more interesting. If you believed it, now you can exhale. I am still in the seminary, but am doing 2-3 years of mission work and for this am in SF. I am on a team (composed of a 22 year old from Hawaii, an Aussi priest and a Salvadorian widow) that is giving catechesis in some local parishes and such, as Neil put it 'getting my church on'. I spend my time trying to avoid getting hit on by other men, at which I have so far been very successful (that is at not getting hit on). I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Congratulations to Melinda. Michael, I didn't know that you were in Hawaii over Christmas. I spend from Dec. 7 to Jan 4 staying in Maui with the family of Josh, (the other guy on the team). Anyway, most likely you were on a different island.

I don't have any pictures, and for this reason am greateful to Neilio for his. Although I pray daily that God will grant me vengance for his comments. I can't wait for this summer, and hope that many of you can come. That's about all I can think of. God Bless,

Kevin (Waymel)

PS. If I am ever up for canonization in the future, you must destroy this blog.

4 comments:

K.P.G. said...

HA! Kevin, that was awesome! You actually had me going for a line or two. Fantastic! Although I have to say, I was actually starting to look forward to meeting LaFonda. I just sent you an invite to your gmail account should you want your own subscription independent of Hugh's. Great to hear from you.

Katie Romero said...

Oh my gosh, Kevin!! I was reading that first whole section and a felt cold sweat start to form on my brow.(lol) - Especially the part about you working in a Protestant church. I thought, "Oh Lord...Grandma and/or Grandpa will surely roll over in their graves now..." I laughed so hard outloud from my office when I read the second bit that people were poking their heads in asking me if everything was okay. Thanks for the updates and for the great laugh. Glad to hear you're still Catholic, and still in the seminary!

Anonymous said...

oh my god i actually has a heartattack! with all the recent engagements/babies actually believed you for a while! oh my god!!!
glad youre well!

Neil GC said...

very funny...
good stuff... did not disappoint... inventive and rich... keeping ppl on their toes. if only ur life was not so boring that u had to make shit up... hahah

much love cus
peace out napolean