Sunday, February 4, 2007





Well there is nothing like a threat to be cut out of the Pyma joy to get postings up!
Really loving reading all the news, I just can’t believe all the engagements, babies and generally exciting updates from everyone!

Well, what's new...a lot really. I'm living in Madrid for my junior year. I have been here since Sept and have another 4 months (more or less) to go before I have a few weddings to go home for! I decided to work instead of taking classes out here, I am an intern for a financial group Ahorro Corporacion. I work on the futures and options desk, which has been such an amazing learning experience, both from the industry side of things and there is no better way to improve your language, or in some cases lower vocabulary, than sitting with a bunch of brokers all day! But I am really enjoying it, it’s a great office, hilarious people to work with, the only down side are the early mornings!
I share an apartment with two other girls, right in the centre of Madrid. Isabel is a friend of the Waymel’s through the Way, and Sonali is a friend from UCL (or as my charming brothers prefer to call her Salami, Tsunami, Somalia or a various derivations) and they are both too much fun! I love Madrid, the city is beautiful and I’m feeling very settled, which was a big surprise to me! I have a community, which has helped a lot, it feels great to have that same stability abroad.
I hopefully attached our family pics from Christmas this year, as you've already heard from Eddie and Neil, and Lucas I hope is yet to post just a quick update on Tommy and Isabel... Tommy is 7 now, playing football and is such a little cherub! Isabel, well, she is a princess, anything pink! They both have their perfect queen's english accents and are edible!
And that is about it, I am here until the end of May so if anyone is planning a trip this way, you have a tourguide/translator! Can’t wait to see you all so soon and so often this year!
Loving you all and God bless
Claudia x

No comments: