Tuesday, February 6, 2007

HUGE NEWS! BIG AWARD WON BY GARVEY!


Oh my gosh, you don't know how excited I am that I got this picture up! I know it's not a picture of me, but it's a picture of the board at Starbucks where I was "customer of the week" for answering some trivia question right. Not that I'm bragging or anything, but I got a free lattes for a week. In case you're wondering why I immortalized the memory on my phone. I know it's not a proposal or a baby or anything (insert multiple congratulations where congratulations are due) but it's still hot stuff, right?
Anyway, same old same old here. I'm a second year at the New York College for Osteopathic Medicine on Long Island, and school has kicked into overdrive. June 8th I have to sit for the COMLEX and USMLE, which are big board exams covering everything we've learned and probably some stuff we haven't. Then July 2nd I'll start clinical rotations in hospitals. I'm applying for this special deal thing where I work at the hospital of my choice for the entire year rather than moving around between different hospitals. I really hope I get it - the hospital I want is St. Barnabus in the Bronx, where I went to college and did a lot of volunteer work, so I feel really connected with that community.
Aside from that, I still babysit for the family that I nannied for over the summer (gotta have some sort of latte fund, right?) and do other stuff at school. Sean is doing great - he passed the New York Bar exam on his first try - now if only he can find a job! He had his character and fitness interview just this week, which is the next-to-last step before being sworn in as an attorney. Needless to say, if he had checked to see if his fly was up BEFORE the interview, the lawyer would probably have ranked him higher in the character and fitness department. Oh well. I'm sure he'll be fine! And I'm sure he'd really appreciate me sharing that little anecdote with everyone. Promise me that what goes in the Pyma Way stays in the Pyma Way!
Love and miss you all!
Maggie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie,
I will be applying to Fordham for the fall of 2008 so maybe you could give me some pointers. My email adress is dgarveynj@comcast.net. Congrats on coffee drinker of the week. Ha

Anonymous said...

whoa...upon further inspection, it appears that you won by answering the question "which irish boy band sang the song 'fly without wings?'"...kinda sketchy that you knew that one.

Katie Romero said...

Ha. Dork. :c) Glad to hear you guys are doing well, Maggs. Sounds like there's not much more you & Sean could hope for: a doctor & a lawyer. Holy crap. Feeling a little inadequate right now...