Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ciao a tutti!

HOpe you are all well. Just realized i have not posted on this blog for quite some time. Mail travels slower from Italy, though. Good to check in on the post and see everyone's growing families: God be blessed! I think your kids are cute, though not as cute as the newest Waymel babies will be. And there will be pictures so that none of you will be able to act like you're not impressed.

Francesca and I are well. After some initial difficulties of growing into the more mature and responsible (somewhat!) stage of married man status, the Lord is helping me to get into life here in Rome and do well in my studies. I've chosen a thesis on Javier Zubiri's philosophy and would like to develop a philosophical language that helps youths to find answers or at least interest in the truths of the faith. That's a rather large ambition. I guess for now I'll just let it ruminate and work on my thesis for the moment.

FRANCESCA IS PREGNANT! Yes, you all know that. I know, Ihave been slow to blog. (is there an internet acronym for that? STB?). The baby is a boy, the first Waymel grandson, and the doctors have told us his femure is already 3mm larger than normal. I said "now i'm sure its mine." Haha. Actually, I shouldn't make that joke as my wife is the sweetest thing on the planet (I really want you all to meet her) and gives me no room for pause.

Pietro Maria (that's what we've decided to call him) is due around July 1st, which is the day after the feast of St. Peter's which would be cool for a bithday/feast saintday (which they celebrate over here). He'll be born in Rome, God willing.

Hope all are well. Thanks for your prayers. You are all in ours.

Peter

No comments: