Friday, February 8, 2008
















Hi family! I wanted to add some pictures because i know the Summit and Maryland Garvey's haven't been pulling our weight...The left is the new addition, Charles Thomas and on the right is Mary Melinda at her first birthday party. As for me, I'm still living in Hoboken and really enjoying my life at the moment. I'm about half way through the school year and already looking towards summer. My students are wonderful and each day is a new and exciting challenge. I teach at a large, public high school but my class is composed of students with disabilities and is entirely self-contained. My class is small...just four kids...but they keep me on my toes and extremely busy. They range in age from 17-20 and will have to "phase out" of the program at 21. We cover all of the academics and then I also teach living skills and take them out job sampling. We worked at PETCO early on this year and right now we volunteer at the Red Cross once a week. I feel as though they are my mini-family as I "own" them for 5 out of 8 periods..they are only mainstreamed for art, gym, and lunch (obviously.) Anyway, the pictures were meant to be the focus of this post and I got off topic....enjoy and love you all!!

No comments: